With over nineteen years in education, including the past fifteen years in school leadership, Robert has a proven trajectory of outstanding school leadership. A proven educator, with a wealth of theory and practical application within school development; both as an innovative senior leader and an employee of Ofsted within the National Curriculum for England system. Robert believes in the drive for academic excellence, to achieve this, it is integral for pastoral support of the highest calibre to ensure the health and welfare of students is preserved. Students come first their needs must be met, their talents evolved and nurtured, so they mature into career minded, tolerant, global citizens who have the ability to integrate and lead the societies of tomorrow.
Robert believes in the core values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience.
Respect is integral; students need to respect themselves, their community, their learning and to respect the views of others. To create the leaders of tomorrow, our students must understand and show empathy for issues that challenge them both at local and global levels.
Robert believes that we are all responsible for our actions, which impacts both our personal and academic devel-opment. Through fostering a culture of independent learning styles, students will develop ambition and the drive to succeed. This will be combined with the desire to reflect and strive to improve. Personal responsibility extends beyond oneself to become active and responsible global citizens.
The need to rise to challenges in order to succeed is important; to embrace and then to overcome challenge is a key component within the learning journey. Through the delivery of an innovative curriculum that fosters enquiry, students are provided with a wealth of opportunities to grow through diverse learning experiences.
Robert‘s ambition for the students at CIK is quite simple:
- For CIK to be the market leader for international education in Kampala, operating with the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- For the school to nurture the individual talents and skills of each student.
- All students to feel safe, happy, valued and keen to learn.
- Students come first. Our students are at the heart of all school improvement, each action enhances school provision to benefit every child.
- To foster and develop independence, so that children leave CIK with a full learning toolkit so they know what to do, when they don’t know how to do it.
- To create a curriculum that prepares them for 2030 and beyond.
- To create an inclusive and creative learning community.
- Generate a family feeling of warmth, care, guidance and support.
- Our students thrive in their environment, have pride in our school, pride in our fabulous facilities and pride in themselves.
- Communication with all stakeholders is exceptional, views and opinions are given a forum, explored and professional dialogue exists at every level.
Robert is exceptionally proud to be the incoming Principal and will work alongside all stakeholders to ensure CIK is an outstanding learning institution delivering destinations of choice to all its students.
Welcome to Kampala and welcome to GEMS Cambridge International School. Located in the serene and tranquil area of Butabika, next to the Royal Palms Estate, we are an English curriculum school offering the very best education from one of the fastest growing and leading international schools in Kampala.
Come meet Mr Robert Lakin, CEO/ Principal of GEMS Cambridge International School Kampala.
For a personal tour appointment at a time that suits you, please call
P.R.E. and Marketing manager,
Ms. Brenda Mutesi
Tell: +256 791 480063
We look forward to meeting you, and your family.